Wonky Quilt Fun!!

 I made a bunch of string quilted blocks once. I used mostly vintage fabrics I had gotten at an estate sale and it was mostly blue. I really enjoyed it and stopped because I thought I had enough to make a quilt. The issue is that I have enough for a baby quilt but not enough for a second baby quilt and not enough for a lap quilt. (I may fix that soon by making some more, but I have to find that bag of scraps first!) I really enjoyed the freedom of that process, though. It was fun and relaxing.

I started making some wonky log cabin blocks, then some wonky quarter log cabin blocks with a white block to start it, then watched some videos on crumb quilting. I did that for an evening, really enjoying it. I'm just playing at this point. Trying to enjoy sewing, probably for the first time. When I learned, my friend was teaching me and I wasn't playing. Now I'm playing. And I'm having a lot of fun. 

I may buy that longarm soon! 





Comments