Been remiss, my world travels have kept me busy!

Visiting museums, looking at quilts around the world, studying art with renowned European masters....oh, sorry, that was my friend emilie's fantasy of why I have been lazy.

Actually, the truth is sad. I was in an online block swap, and. I sent out two blocks, very proud of my improving abilities. I got an email telling me how my blocks were terrible, and she couldn't use them, and I quit quilting for about 5 months. After a talking to from that Bossy Friend Emilie of mine, I got the urge to sew again. I have missed it. I was enjoying learning old blocks and putting a modern take on them. I like the coming together of blocks, a mini-miracle each time, that something so cool and identifiable can come from some random geometries of fabric. I love the colors and the feel of really nice fabric in my hands, soi am starting again.

Also, when I asked my mother what she wanted for Christmas, I was hoping she said, "a necklace, or piece of pottery," something I could make in a day. Nope, Mom wants a queen sized quilt in HER colors! The three quilts I have given her, she told me, we're in MYcolors!" The ingratitude!!! So through some kind of karmic twist, my mother is pushing me to get back to quilting. She saw a picture of an Ohio Star, and wanted that. So now I want to do it in modern fabrics. Ideas?? Here are some I've found:
http://stitchyquiltstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/cmqg-modern-ohio-star-exhibit-iqf-part.html

Comments