Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry

I am in LOVE with Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry's yellow and grey fabrics!! Butler's Midwest Modern is luscious and Dewberry's Aviary 2 is absolutely gorgeous!! I have been quilting for almost two years, and when I first started, I didn't buy quality fabrics. I didn't buy at WalMart (I boycott WalMart!) but I bought at a big chain store which shall remain nameless. I always went for the batiks and now that I find other fabrics in patterns that have a wonderful feel, I know why the batiks were the only ones I liked!! "Hand" is very important to me. It even makes the sewing more fun, when the fabric feels so wonderful under your fingers!!

Today - I am going to quilt a small lap quilt that I put together from 9 patches I bought at an auction last year. Here it is un-quilted, and I hope to finish it today!! Also, I am going to put the binding on a quilt I made for charity, the Sarcoma Alliance. Sarcoma is a rare cancer that a family member has - I want to help in some way, and this is the best way I know how.

Peace,

Add caption

Nancy <3

Comments